J1939 Protocol Stack
This stack is royalty free and can be used in any number of products. See conditions of sale below.
License includes a free 1 year service plan. This service plan includes updates and phone and e-mail support. This product is the stack source code.
J1939 Protocol Stack
This software bundle implements the major aspects of the SAE J1939 standard protocol, ISO 11783, and ISO 15765. The following are addressed:
- Dynamic Address Claim
- Static Address Claim
- Commanded Address
- Request Message
- Acknowledgment Message
- Global Transport Protocol (BAM)
- Destination Specific Transport Protocol
- Diagnostic Message 1 (DM1)
- Diagnostic Message 2 (DM2)
- Cyclic Broadcast Of PGNs
- Receipt of PGNs
- Extended Transport Protocol
- Transport Protocol – Normal Messaging
- Transport Protocol – Normal Fixed Messaging
- Transport Protocol – Mixed Messaging
- Transport Protocol – Extended Messaging
The J1939 Software Stack utilizes a configuration file to adjust the functionality and memory requirements of the software. By including different compiler switches at compile time different aspects of the J1939 protocol are compiled into the resulting hex file. Thus for example, if an application is created that does not need DM1 or DM2 messages, removing the compiler switches for including the DM1 and DM2 software, removes that software at compile time.
The Configuration file also allows for the adjustment of the size of the different buffers utilized by the software stack. This allows the programmer to easily control the amount of RAM utilized by the stack.
The J1939 Software Stack implements a self analyzing diagnostic system that informs the application software when a buffer overflow or other error has occurred. A list of errors is provided that gives an indication of what has gone wrong and what can be done to remedy the problem. This system can be turned off by removing a compiler switch in the configuration file. Removing the compiler switch will remove the code from the application at compile time.
Download this product's manual for a detailed description of its capabilities.
Conditions Of Sale
This product is intended solely for the use of the company who purchases the stack from DakotaSoft Inc. This product (source code) is not to be distributed to any entity outside of the purchasing company. This product is not to be used in any manor inconsistent with the license.
This product comes with a 100% money back guarantee affective during the product development cycle. If we cannot fix any problems that you have with the stack we will refund your money in full.
- This guarantee is affective only during the development of the product. Once the product containing the J1939 protocol stack has been sold the guarantee becomes void.
- All software media (software CDs, printed literature, etc.) must be returned to DakotaSoft Inc.
- Any and all J1939 Protocol Stack source code in any form must be deleted and destroyed.
- Any software that was created using the J1939 Protocol Stack, either in part or in whole must be deleted and destroyed.
- Any files that were created using the J1939 Protocol Stack (object files, executable files, etc.) must be deleted and destroyed.